Christmas & New Year
“An amazing cottage in which to spend Christmas! Incredibly well equipped with luxury, quality furnishings. We really appreciated all the effort you made with the Christmas decorations. It made every room in the cottage magical for us and the children. The best cottage (by far!) we have stayed in ... definitely deserves 5 star status!” - Christmas Guests from Bath.
The Yorkshire Dales are magical in their beauty all year round. So what better time to experience the magic than at Christmas or New Year. This is a special time for everyone to enjoy in their own special way. However you plan to spend your time - with family, friends or just together with some peace and quiet ... we trust that it will be made more enjoyable at your own ‘Cottage in the Dales’.
All cottages are beautifully and tastefully decorated for the festive season. From the moment you arrive and welcomed by a wreath on the front door, enjoy the special yuletide atmosphere throughout the cottage with the glittering garland over the fireplace and the sparkling lights on the Christmas tree. The seasonal magic also touches the kitchen and bedrooms, especially not forgetting the all-important christmas stocking hanging from your bed.
Our complimentary festive gifts to you (and not telling you in advance) are the finishing touches to the traditional Christmas scene in front of the open log fire. All you need is a sprinkling of snow! We even provide the sledge!
One thing to remember though ... please make sure the fire is out before you retire to bed on Christmas Eve. We are sure Father Christmas will appreciate this enormously!
Pre-Christmas Events 2017
Enjoy a pre-Christmas break at one of our cottages and join in the following Christmas shopping events happening this year ...
* York St Nicholas Christmas Fair - simply superb! - Mid November through to Fri 22 Dec
* Gayle Mill Christmas Fair, Hawes - Sat 25 November
* Harrogate Country Living Christmas Fair - Thurs 30 Nov to Sun 3 December
* Skipton Christmas Market - Sun 3 & Sun 10 December
* Grassington Dickensian Festival - Sat 2, Sun 3, Sat 9, Sun 10 December
* Santa Diesel Specials on Wensleydale Railway - Sat 2, Sun 3, Sat 9, Sun 10 December
* Christmas shopping evening at Wensleydale Creamery - everything is 20% off (and free mulled wine/mince pies) - Tues 5 & Thurs 21 December
* Tennants Winter Wonderland Christmas Fair - superb quality presents and decorations - Fri 8 & Sat 9 December
* Santa Steam Specials on Wensleydale Railway - Sat 16, Sun 17, Thur 21, Fri 22 December
* Leyburn Band Christmas Concert & Fireworks at Tennants Garden Rooms - Mon 18 December
Previous Christmas Visitors
Guests from Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire ... A perfect place to spend Christmas. Comfortable and cosy with such lovely Christmas decorations to enjoy. The Byre sets the benchmark for all future cottage holidays.
Guests from Kirby, Notts - Christmas decorations very much appreciated. A beautiful cottage and very comfortable. Great views. Excellent walks. We will be back in the summer. Happy New Year!