Christmas & New Year
“An amazing cottage in which to spend Christmas! Incredibly well equipped with luxury, quality furnishings. We really appreciated all the effort you made with the Christmas decorations. It made every room in the cottage magical for us and the children. The best cottage (by far!) we have stayed in ... definitely deserves 5 star status!” - Christmas Guests from Bath.
The Yorkshire Dales are magical in their beauty all year round. So what better time to experience the magic than at Christmas or New Year. This is a special time for everyone to enjoy in their own special way. However you plan to spend your time - with family, friends or just together with some peace and quiet ... we trust that it will be made more enjoyable at your own ‘Cottage in the Dales’.
All cottages are beautifully and tastefully decorated for the festive season. From the moment you arrive and welcomed by a wreath on the front door, enjoy the special yuletide atmosphere throughout the cottage with the glittering garland over the fireplace and the sparkling lights on the Christmas tree. The seasonal magic also touches the kitchen and bedrooms, especially not forgetting the all-important christmas stocking hanging from your bed.
Our complimentary festive gifts to you (and not telling you in advance) are the finishing touches to the traditional Christmas scene in front of the open log fire. All you need is a sprinkling of snow! We even provide the sledge!
One thing to remember though ... please make sure the fire is out before you retire to bed on Christmas Eve. We are sure Father Christmas will appreciate this enormously!
Pre-Christmas Events 2019
Enjoy a pre-Christmas break at one of our cottages and join in the following Christmas shopping events happening this year ...
* York St Nicholas Christmas Fair - simply superb! - Thurs 14 Nov through to Sun 22 Dec 2019
* Christmas at Castle Howard - stunning! - Sat 16 Nov 2019 to Mon 5 Jan 2020
* RHS Harlow Carr Harrogate 'Glow' winter illuminations Thursdays - Saturdays 21 Nov - 28 December 2019
* Gayle Mill Christmas Fair, Gayle Institute, Gayle nr Hawes - probably Sat 23 November 2019 (tbc)
* Christmas Gift Wrapping Workshop, Tennants Garden Rooms - 2019 date tbc probably Saturday late November
* Music & Lights at Fountains Abbey - 2019 dates tbc
* Santa Specials on Embsay/Bolton Abbey Railway - 2019 dates tbc
* Christmas Wreath Making Workshop at Tennants Garden Rooms, Leyburn - 2019 dates tbc
* Harrogate Country Living Christmas Fair - Thurs 5 December to Sun 8 December 2019
* RHS Harlow Carr Harrogate, Magic of Christmas - 2019 dates tbc (take your Christmas jumper!)
* Late night Christmas shopping in Harrogate on Thursdays throughout December
* Christmas Craft Workshop, Tennants Garden Rooms, Leyburn - 2019 date tbc
* The 'Magic of Christmas' Party at Tennants Garden Rooms, Leyburn - 2019 date tbc
* The Restaurant at Christmas Menu, Tennants Garden Rooms - 2019 dates tbc but usually every day through December
* Skipton Christmas Market & Yuletide Festival - Sun 1 & Sun 8 December 2019
* Grassington Dickensian Festival - Sat 30 Nov, Sun 1 Dec, Sat 7 Dec, Sun 8 December 2019
* Santa Specials on Wensleydale Railway - 2019 dates tbc. Usually every Sat/Sun in December & Christmas Eve.
* Christmas shopping evening at Wensleydale Creamery - everything is 20% off (and free mulled wine/mince pies) - 2019 dates in December tbc
* Tennants Winter Wonderland Christmas Fair - superb quality presents and decorations - Fri 29 & Sat 30 November 2019
* Fountains Abbey Carols by Candlelight - Sun 8 Dec 3.30-4.15 2019
* Pateley Bridge Lantern Parade with late festive shopping 2019 dates tbc
* Leyburn Band Christmas Concert & Fireworks at Tennants Garden Rooms - 2019 date tbc, usually midweek before Christmas
* A Dickens of a Christmas at the Ripon Workhouse Museum - 2019 dates tbc
Previous Christmas Visitors
Guests from Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire ... A perfect place to spend Christmas. Comfortable and cosy with such lovely Christmas decorations to enjoy. The Byre sets the benchmark for all future cottage holidays.
Guests from Kirby, Notts - Christmas decorations very much appreciated. A beautiful cottage and very comfortable. Great views. Excellent walks. We will be back in the summer. Happy New Year!