Christmas & New Year
“An amazing cottage in which to spend Christmas! Incredibly well equipped with luxury, quality furnishings. We really appreciated all the effort you made with the Christmas decorations. It made every room in the cottage magical for us and the children. The best cottage (by far!) we have stayed in ... definitely deserves 5 star status!” - Christmas Guests from Bath.
The Yorkshire Dales are magical in their beauty all year round. So what better time to experience the magic than at Christmas or New Year. This is a special time for everyone to enjoy in their own special way. However you plan to spend your time - with family, friends or just together with some peace and quiet ... we trust that it will be made more enjoyable at your own ‘Cottage in the Dales’.
All cottages are beautifully and tastefully decorated for the festive season. From the moment you arrive and welcomed by a wreath on the front door, enjoy the special yuletide atmosphere throughout the cottage with the glittering garland over the fireplace and the sparkling lights on the Christmas tree. The seasonal magic also touches the kitchen and bedrooms, especially not forgetting the all-important christmas stocking hanging from your bed.
Our complimentary festive gifts to you (and not telling you in advance) are the finishing touches to the traditional Christmas scene in front of the open log fire. All you need is a sprinkling of snow! We even provide the sledge!
One thing to remember though ... please make sure the fire is out before you retire to bed on Christmas Eve. We are sure Father Christmas will appreciate this enormously!
Pre-Christmas Events 2018
Enjoy a pre-Christmas break at one of our cottages and join in the following Christmas shopping events happening this year ...
* York St Nicholas Christmas Fair - simply superb! - Thurs 15 Nov through to Sun 23 Dec
* Castle Howard Twelve Days of Christmas - stunning! - Sat 17 Nov to Mon 31 Dec
* RHS Harlow Carr Harrogate 'Glow' winter illuminations Thursdays - Saturdays 22 Nov - 29 December
* Gayle Mill Christmas Fair, Gayle Institute, Gayle nr Hawes - Sat 24 November
* Christmas Gift Wrapping Workshop, Tennants Garden Rooms Sat 24 November
* Music & Lights at Fountains Abbey, 2-3pm on Sat 24 & Sun 25 November and Sat 1, Sun 2, Sat 8, Sat 15, Sun 16, Sat 22, Sun 23 Dec
* Santa Specials on Embsay/Bolton Abbey Railway - Sun 25 Nov and Sat 1, Sun 2, Sat 8, Sun 9, Tues 11, Sat 15, Sun 16, Fri 21, Sat 22, Sun 23, Mon 24 Dec
* Christmas Wreath Making Workshop at Tennants Garden Rooms, Leyburn Wed 28 & Thurs 29 Nov
* Harrogate Country Living Christmas Fair - Thurs 29 Nov to Sun 2 December
* RHS Harlow Carr Harrogate, Magic of Christmas Fri 30 Nov - Mon 24 Dec (take your Christmas jumper!)
* Late night Christmas shopping in Harrogate on Thursdays throughout December
* Christmas Craft Workshop, Tennants Garden Rooms, Leyburn Sat 1 December
* The 'Magic of Christmas' Party at Tennants Garden Rooms, Leyburn, Sat 1 December
* The Restaurant at Christmas Menu, Tennants Garden Rooms, Sat 1- Mon 24 December
* Skipton Christmas Market & Yuletide Festival - Sun 2 & Sun 9 December
* Grassington Dickensian Festival - Sat 1, Sun 2, Sat 8, Sun 9 December
* Santa Specials on Wensleydale Railway - Sat 1, Sun 2, Sat 8, Sun 9, Sat 15, Sun 16, Sat 22, Sun 23, Mon 24 December
* Christmas shopping evening at Wensleydale Creamery - everything is 20% off (and free mulled wine/mince pies) - Thurs 6 & Tues 18 December
* Tennants Winter Wonderland Christmas Fair - superb quality presents and decorations - Fri 7 & Sat 8 December
* Fountains Abbey Carols by Candlelight - Sun 9 Dec 3.30-4.15
* Pateley Bridge Lantern Parade with late festive shopping Friday 14 December
* Leyburn Band Christmas Concert & Fireworks at Tennants Garden Rooms - Mon 17 December
* Murder at the Michaelmas Marriage, Tennants Garden Rooms, Leyburn Fri 21 December
* A Dickens of a Christmas at the Ripon Workhouse Museum Sat 22 December
Previous Christmas Visitors
Guests from Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire ... A perfect place to spend Christmas. Comfortable and cosy with such lovely Christmas decorations to enjoy. The Byre sets the benchmark for all future cottage holidays.
Guests from Kirby, Notts - Christmas decorations very much appreciated. A beautiful cottage and very comfortable. Great views. Excellent walks. We will be back in the summer. Happy New Year!